November 12, 2018
TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL MEMBERS/FELLOWS
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (UK) – Sri Lanka Branch (ICS-SL) is scheduled to be held on Thursday the 29th November 2018 at 6.pm at the Auditorium of the Organisation of Professional Associations of Sri Lanka, 275/75, Prof Stanley Wijesundera Mw, Colombo 7
1) Nominations are hereby called for the posts of;
(a) Chairman – 01 Post;
(b) Vice Chairman – 01 Post;
(c) Secretary – 01 Post;
(d) Treasurer – 01 Post;
(e) Education Officer – 01 Post;
(f) Executive Committee Member – 03 Posts;
2) Nominations will be received in the specimen form attached herewith, at the ICS-SL Secretariat (under-mentioned) in sealed envelopes addressed to The Secretary; ICS – Sri Lanka Branch; First Floor – OPA Building; 275/75, Prof. Stanley Wijesundera Mawatha; Colombo 07; either hand-delivered or by Registered Post till 5.00 p.m. on Wednesday the 21st November 2018
3) Each nomination should be signed by a Proposer; a Seconder and also by the Nominee affirming his/her consent.
4) Nominations which do not bear the required signatures as aforesaid, will be considered null and void.
5) In the event more than one Nominations are received, a ‘Vote by Secret Ballot’ will be adopted at the venue itself to choose a Winner who will be ultimately appointed.
6) Therefore, please note that your presence is important and solicited.
7) MORE IMPORTANT: Please be informed that ONLY those Members/Fellows who have fully paid-up their Annual Subscriptions up to and including the Institute’s Financial Year 2018/2019; ARE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE OR EITHER NOMINATE OR BE NOMINATED OR SECOND ANOTHER NOMINATION.
8) Retired Members/Fellows are NEITHER ELIGIBLE TO VOTE NOR TAKE PART IN ANY OF THE INSTITUTE’S BRANCH AFFAIRS as per directions of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers – UK.
FYI, Minutes of the AGM Held year 2017 & Annual Audit report of the year ended 31st May 2018 are attached herewith.
12th November 2018.